Monday, October 11, 2010

Insomnia

The hours before another morning withers away as I lay awake listlessly.  I lost grasp of unconsciousness.  And now I struggle to blank my mind of everyday tasks that surround me unforgivingly. 

I adjusted the thermostat, thinking of bears hibernating.  But the air does not seem to get cooler.  What if I can just hibernate?  And then, wake up when?  I don't know.  I don't know if I would want to wake up.  Sleep has its perks, and dreams can be reimagined.  Until my body feels the pain of extended sleep.

The last time I couldn't sleep, a nightmarish thought kept hounding me.  I saw her kissed somebody else.  It was a thoughtless kiss.  But perhaps the thoughtlessness of it should have alarmed me more.  Then perhaps, I would not be in my predicament. 

A lot of perhaps.  That dreams only make possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment