Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Martian Song

This is for the girl who told me before that special surprise birthday gifts aren't for us who just aren't in.
Well, she's a friend, and sometimes, that's all that matters.  So I want to say, happy birthday.
 
~~~

I met a girl a year ago and she came from far away
From where she came I didn't know, and she couldn't and wouldn't say

But then I just thought how it's all good because she's here to really stay
So we can be friends, no matter what, come what may.

She'd say I'm weird and make a face whenever I say something out of place
Well, sometimes I'm like from outer space, but with her I can be me, I'm quite amazed.

And then I believe it's really cool I've known her now, she's here to stay
I won't forget her, no matter what, come what may.

At times she just loves to stare at the stars
As if there's something calling her there from afar
A secret smile and swirling thoughts around her
Then she'd says strange things like how she misses Mars.

Then suddenly, I just found her gone one day
Where she might have gone, she never did say.
Maybe now she is happy home so far away
Still in my heart, no matter what, she's here to stay.

Maybe one day, I will go looking for her,
I know I'll see her again, somehow, somewhere
When I can travel to planet Mars or Jupiter.

No comments:

Post a Comment