Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lost in an Upscale World

I live with people of this upscale world, whose world revolves around fantasies of the rich and famous, whose excessive luxury they've made their idols --  palaces in suburbia whose land grow scandalous precious, fine dining ambiance like oases in the desert, glittering stones stolen from the earth and the people, and pleasures of the body to escape the small sufferings decidedly they've no right to experience.

Yet I do not belong here.   Suburbia on the hilltop demands unacceptable irony.  The foods of affluence are reprehensible gluttony in the face of poverty.  Gold and diamonds are but shallow shades compared to inner beauty.  And the business of pleasure is not as true as life and health lived strongly and purposefully.

I chase for happiness, but mine is not to be found in these upscale seclusion.  It's like an unlit cell in a dungeon beneath the earth.  My heart yearns for simplistic adventures, to share simple wonders of diversity of class and culture.  But in this monoculture prison I am trapped.  I am beholden to man in his evolution.  But now I'm chained.

No comments:

Post a Comment