Saturday, June 5, 2010

Electron Death

The cleaner was frantic when she called me about the explosion.  I coolly marched to the scene of interest.  It smelled burnt, a wreckage.  Lights were dead.  My first instinct was to try to switch on the lights but she stopped me --  they at least wanted to be farther from where I was when I do something.   Strange people who fear.  Now I was back, lost, thinking of death.  There's nothing for me to do. 


I looked at the breaker in earnest, trying to read out the faded labels with the dim light from my phone.  Nothing to see there.  The rather aged breakers appeared unremarkable, except...  one seemed to have glistening marks of condensation.  Must have been from some leakage due to rain and shoddy water proofing.  These problems never ceased.

I tried to see better, but I was again stopped.  He must have thought I was planning to touch the board, though I only meant to look close.  "It was dangerous," he said, "there's still current going."  He shut down the mains.  I was left alone in the dark so I walked back the way I came.  Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment