Saturday, June 5, 2010

That Which Fell

A soft unexpected thud reverberated ephemeral in the silence of the room.  I occupied it alone in this early morning's wintry rain.  Such little things gave me keen notice and I reacted plainly to find that which fell.

My eyes dutifully scanned the ill-lit floor but found nothing out of place.  There was nothing, yet I was certain it was somewhere.  My ears have not started to deceive me so strongly yet, though I knew that at times I hear memories of songs and humming that I banish for my foolish imagination.

I understood those that I hear as interpolations of my mind to the machineries of time and calculus.  Yet I was afraid.  They disturbed me, my fears.

That which fell.  I would be compelled to find it however hidden from my eyes.  To my ears it was unabashedly announced.

Such little thing, this obsession.  This is my insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment